Hidenwood Preschool has been an outreach of Hidenwood Presbyterian Church since 1957 and is governed by a Board composed of church members and at least one parent representative. The Board meets on a regular basis with the Director of the Preschool and oversees school policy and operations. The Preschool is covered under the insurance policy of the Church. Children must be 2, 3, or 4 years old on or before September 30th to be placed in a 2, 3, or 4 year-old-class. The two-year-old program is a co-op program. One parent (or adult designated by parent) will help in the 2s classroom each day.
HPP is a play to learn preschool with a Level 4 Virginia Quality rating. We are dedicated to developmentally appropriate practices. Our classrooms foster positive relationships, engaging activities with student choice, and positive behavior management. Our teachers intentionally provide an array of experiences for young children to explore. We provide quality experience in a safe physical environment and our teacher-student ratios are low. We value family involvement and a smooth transition to Kindergarten.
What Our Families are Saying
We could not be more pleased with our daughter’s experience at Hidenwood Presbyterian Preschool! This is her second year and we are amazed at how much she has learned during this time. The teachers and staff are truly exceptional. She adores her teachers and it is heartwarming to know how much she is loved in return. We love HPP!
Hidenwood meant so much to our family. My children were nurtured by loving teachers who became great friends. They were introduced to school in a playful and encouraging atmosphere that sent them to Kindergarten armed with confidence and lifelong friendships. I am sad our time at Hidenwood is over but we will forever be grateful for all we gained there!
Hidenwood Presbyterian Preschool has been an excellent fit for our family--with healthy structure, helpful encouragement, and constructive support. The culture is marked by deep commitment to families and providing an excellent foundation for a life of learning. We have no doubt our kids have and will continue to benefit from our time at Hidenwood--thank you Hidenwood family!!
Kindergarten is coming to
Hidenwood Presbyterian Preschool!
We are thrilled to announce the opening of a half day Kindergarten class for the 2019-2020 school year here at HPP.
- We will be hiring a teacher with a current teaching license with Kindergarten experience.
- The curriculum philosophy will remain the same as our preschool, but we will infuse the Virginia Standards of Learning for Kindergarten, along with Christian Education.
- The school day will begin at 9:00 AM and will end with carpool at either 12:45 or 1:00.
- Students will eat lunch at school.
- The cost will be $400 per student per month with no other fees.
- All Kindergarten students may use our Extended Care programs before and after school.
- This is a new adventure for HPP, so we would like to have a minimum of eight children registered by June 20th.